Being PainWise: Strategies for Effective Pain Management
This event has ended. This page is being maintained as an archive information about the conference, including the video recordings and slide decks for presentations that were given.
Oregon Opioid Prescribing Guidelines
Public Policy Options for Preventing Opioid Misuse
Trauma-Informed Pain Care
The Treatment of Addiction and Medication-Assisted Recovery
Addressing the Heroin and Opioid Epidemic: SAMHSA Resources
Medical Marijuana, Pain, and the Pharmacology of Cannabinoids
The PainWise Task Force is sponsoring a one-day conference. PainWise: Strategies for Effective Pain Management.
Healthcare providers are invited to learn more about chronic, centralized pain and treatment options that emphasize patient safety.
Topics covered include:
- Adverse childhood experiences and trauma-informed care
- Cannabis and its impact on pain
- Medication-assisted treatment for opioid dependence
- The legislative perspective
- The treatment of addiction
Presenters include medical leaders from the Oregon Health Authority, Oregon State University and Samaritan Health Services as well as a host of other speakers from across the region sharing best practices and perspectives. Click below to view slides of the upcoming presentations:
- Oregon Opioid Prescribing Guidelines
- Public Policy Options for Preventing Opioid Misuse
- Trauma-Informed Pain Care
- The Treatment of Addiction and Medication-Assisted Recovery
- Addressing the Heroin and Opioid Epidemic: SAMHSA Resources
- Medical Marijuana, Pain, and the Pharmacology of Cannabinoids
Special accommodation rates available at the adjacent Best Western Premier Boulder Falls Inn
The event will be live streamed to the Center for Health Education in Newport.
This event is free to Samaritan providers. $75 registration fee is required for external providers.